Written by Cody Manning
1. Cincinnati Bengals - Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
Do I need to say much?
2. Washington Redskins - Chase Young, Edge, Ohio St.
Same as Burrow, this has been locked in for a while now.
3. Detroit Lions - Jeffrey Okudah, CB, Ohio St.
Could the Lions swap with the Dolphins and still get Okudah? Sure, but I am not sure Miami needs to trade up to land Tua.
4. New York Giants - Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
Does Dave Gettleman trade back for the first time? I don’t think so. I still believe Wirfs will be the Giants pick.
5. Miami Dolphins - Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
There has been TONS of smoke surrounding what the Dolphins will do with their first selection in the draft. I believe their content with plenty of routes, but Stephen Ross wants his man, Miami leaves with the prospect they “tanked” for.
6. Los Angeles Chargers - Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
While I still believe the Chargers make sense for Cam, until then, they still need the quarterback of their future. Herbert has been connected with LA since the Senior Bowl and I feel like they will leave with him in the draft.
7. Carolina Panthers - Isaiah Simmons, LB/S, Clemson
Matt Rhule loves his long and fast athletes on his teams. Simmons fits that mold and can be the playmaker that the Panthers defensive unit needs after the Luke Kuechly retirement.
8. *Trade* Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Trade! Bruce Arians has a relationship with Arizona’s front office and it has been reported that the Cardinals could be interested in trading back. Combine that with the major need of a tackle and the Bucs being in a win-now mode, Jason Licht pulls the trigger to get a player to block Tom Brady’s blindside.
9. *Trade* Atlanta Falcons - C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida
Here we go again! The Falcons have been the most rumored team to trade up inside the Top 10. Atlanta has a major need for a cornerback and Henderson has some serious buzz for being a Top 15 lock as of late. Thomas Dimitroff has a relationship with David Caldwell so the connection makes sense.
10. *Trade* Denver Broncos - Henry Ruggs III, WR, - Alabama
Broncos need a receiver to complement Courtland Sutton. After seeing Tyreek Hill lighting Denver’s secondary over the last few years, John Elway goes up to get his burner in Ruggs and surround Drew Lock with some talent.
11. New York Jets - Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama
The Jets sit still and still land one of the top tackles in this class. Wills will benefit Sam Darnold and could provide a boost to see if Adam Gase can get Le’Veon Bell back on track as a runner.
12. Las Vegas Raiders - CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
Las Vegas has a screaming need for a true #1 receiver and Lamb can be that guy. Jon Gruden gets a shiny new toy to show off for the Raiders new home.
13. *Trade* Miami Dolphins - Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
Trade #4! If the Dolphins select Tua then they have to do everything in their power to make sure he is standing upright. Miami takes advantage of a team that needs draft capital and land a tackle who offers the highest ceiling in this class.
14. Arizona Cardinals (TB Pick) - Derrick Brown, IDL, Auburn
Brown is a Top 5 player in this class and he takes a big tumble which leads to a huge win in value for the Cardinals. Arizona gets some draft capital and fills a need at the interior of their defensive front with the addition.
15. *Trade* Philadelphia Eagles (DEN Pick) - Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
The Browns trade back again? Yep, the Eagles get aggressive to come up to select the best route runner in this class. Jeudy can provide an immediate impact for Carson Wentz.
16. Jacksonville Jaguars (ATL Pick) - Javon Kinlaw, IDL, South Carolina
Another team benefits from trading back by landing a player that has Top 10 talent in this class. Kinlaw can provide a youth movement to the Jaguars defensive front.
17. Dallas Cowboys - K’Lavon Chaisson, Edge, LSU
There is a lot of smoke right now surrounding Chaisson and the Cowboys. I am buying it, Dallas could need a niece piece to line up across from Demarcus Lawrence.
18. San Francisco 49ers (Dolphins Pick) - Austin Jackson, OT, USC
The 49ers sound interested in keeping Mike McGlinchey on the right side when Joe Staley retires. Jackson needs some development but has the athletic traits to be a great offensive tackle in the NFL. San Francisco plans for the future with this selection.
19. Las Vegas Raiders - Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU
Las Vegas needs help in their cornerback room. Fulton is a much-debated prospect on where he will get selected but I still think he finds his way into the 1st.
20. Jacksonville Jaguars - Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
Jacksonville could use an upgrade in their receiving corps. Jefferson offers the Jags a prospect with a high floor and can provide Gardner Minshew a weapon in the slot.
21. Cleveland Browns (PHI Pick) - Ezra Cleveland, OT, Boise St.
Cleveland finally makes its selection. The Browns have been heavily connected to Cleveland for a while and its about finding a sweet spot to select him. Right before plenty of tackle-needy teams makes the most sense, plus Andrew Berry has a relationship with Howie Roseman to pull this off.
22. Minnesota Vikings - Josh Jones, OT, Houston
The Vikings offensive line needs a boost. Jones offers plenty of talent to be a great tackle at the next level. Minnesota looks to help Kirk Cousins before adding to the defense.
23. New England Patriots - Kenneth Murray, LB, OK
Does New England pass on Jordan Love? That will be much-debated if this scenario plays out. I think they would. Murray just seems like a Patriot and could be productive right away.
24. New Orleans Saints - Patrick Queen, LB, LSU
Does New Orleans pass on Jordan Love? The debate would continue. But, the Saints are in win-now mode and the Bucs are knocking at their door in the NFC South. Queen gives their linebacker group a major boost in talent.
25. Minnesota Vikings - A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson
Minnesota has a need for a starting cornerback opposite Mike Hughes. Terrell has some serious first-round buzz and could be a Top 20 pick, I think he is worthy of it. Mike Zimmer gets a new young prospect to mold into his system.
26. Miami Dolphins - Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia
As I alluded to with the Dolphins selection of Becton, Miami must protect Tua. They get 2 of the biggest tackles in this class (Becton 6’7” 364, Wilson 6’6” 350) to beef up their offensive line.
27. *Trade* Green Bay Packers - Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona St.
John Schnieder and Pete Carroll always trade out of their 1st round pick. Let’s keep the tradition going and Green Bay comes up to get a weapon for Aaron Rodgers. Aiyuk’s YAC ability can help stretch the field up for the Packers offense.
28. Baltimore Ravens - Xavier McKinney, SAF, Alabama
The Ravens are a tricky team to figure out if Murray and Queen are off the board. They could go a variety of ways. But, they could fill Tony Jefferson’s role with McKinney and keep that Alabama-Baltimore pipeline going, even without Ozzie Newsome leading the way.
29. Tennessee Titans - Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU
The Titans have a need for a cornerback and Gladney just seems like a type of player that Mike Vrabel would love in his defense. His feistiness will be welcomed in Nashville.
30. Seattle Seahawks (GB Pick) - Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge, Penn State
The Seahawks have yet to resign Jadeveon Clowney or pull off a trade for Yannick Ngakoue so they could address the position with their first selection of the draft. Gross-Matos seems like a likely fit in Seattle.
31. *Trade* Indianapolis Colts - Jordan Love, QB, Utah St.
The fall of Love comes to an end! It took a trade for it to happen and it involves the team that was heavily connected to him until Indy traded the #13 pick for Deforest Buckner. The 49ers continue to add capital and would only have to drop back to #34 to make this happen. The Colts land their future franchise quarterback to learn behind Philip Rivers.
32. Kansas City Chiefs - Cesar Ruiz, OC, Michigan
KC needs to make sure Patrick Mahomes doesn’t get hurt again this season. Ruiz can start in the interior of their offensive line and protect him for a long time.